Sunday, October 11, 2009

Amateur Photography


Every now and then, you just get a great shot. I took several photography classes in college, and lately, as I think I want to pay more attention to my art, photography is becoming more and more interesting to me again. I have a great little camera that my parents gave me for Christmas last year... thanks Mom and Dad. We have so much fun with it! These are a few of my favorite shots of late.


Oscar, in his full ham glory.



The Zebra Discovery again.... but I LOVE the colors and the lighting in this shot.


Spring Island, the St. Francis of Assisi statue, surrounded by moss covered Live Oaks. Just beautiful.



I walked RIGHT up to this Great Heron at the saltwater lagoon on Hunting Island. He just stood there, he is so used to people. At low tide, these and many other species of birds hunt in the lagoon, and people fish and cast. The birds have become accustomed to people. Wild.


Submerged, fallen trees on Hunting Island. Tragic and sad, but beautiful.


I love this photo of my kayak, with the storm brewing in the background. The foreground seems so alive with the water rippling in, and the colors in the kayak and the marsh grass play off of each other. I liked it.



I think shrimp boats and their riggings are visually interesting.



I was a little surprised at how visually interesting this was to me. I just like the many levels of coiling going on.


Sometimes simple is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment